Sometimes you get to that point in the month where (i) you’ve run out of enthusiasm for things to make for tea after a long day at work and (ii) it’s a loooooong time until payday. When those things hit in a double whammy in January you need to be creative! A recipe similar to this appeared in my twitter feed and I adapted it for a veggie feast last week. Quick to throw together, it filled our bellies and used up some sad neglected apples from the fruit bowl.
For three portions you need:
- 1 pack veggie sausages – we used cauldron but any will do
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 2 apples, cored and cut into wedges
- 3 carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp oil
- salt and pepper
- Mashed potato to serve
- Toss everything apart from the sausages in the oil and season.
- Roast in a hot (180 degree) oven for 20 mins.
- Add the sausages and cook for a further 15-20 mins until everything is done.
- Serve with mash, lashings of gravy and whatever other veggies you can find, I think we had peas and sweetcorn from the freezer!