This dish was inspired by Jamie Oliver and created due to a surfeit of bagged salad in the fridge. It’s so simple to make but utterly delicious and the leftovers make for a perfect lunch.
For six wraps you need
- 1 pack wraps (we used Waitrose seeded)
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained
- 2 tsp harissa paste
- 1 jar pitted black olives
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 bag salad leaves
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 oranges, cut into segments
- 2 fat red chillies, sliced
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Begin by tossing the sweet potato in the oil and salt and pepper. Place on a baking tray ready for roasting in a hot (200 degree) oven.
- Toss the chickpeas and olives in the harissa. Also place on a baking tray. Bake both the trays for about 20 mins until the sweet potato is soft and starting to crisp, the olives have shrivelled a little and the chickpeas are crunchy.
- Meanwhile prepare the salad by layering up everything else apart from the wraps on a large serving platter. Drizzle with the red wine vinegar. TBH this on it’s own would be good but I wanted to add some more carbs and protein.
4. Once the potatoes, chickpeas and olives are done, tip over the salad and load onto a wrap. Serve with as much extra chilli sauce as you dare. So delicious, and so healthy too. Yuuuuuuuum 🙂