These are based on a recipe by the huge furry whipping tool. I’ve adjusted the quantities of dried ingredients to suit our tastebuds and preferences. Don’t be tempted to ditch the orange and lemon zest, it makes a real difference when you include rather than omit them.
For 16 bars you need
- 125g unsalted butter
- 150g soft light brown sugar
- 125g crunchy peanut butter
- 75g honey
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 200g oats
- 75g sunflower seeds
- 50g coconut
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g sesame seeds
- 100g chocolate chips
- Begin by melting the first six ingredients together until mingled
- Add everything else apart from the chocolate chips.
- Press into a lined tin 20cm x 20cm tin
- Scatter over the chocolate chips and bake in a 160 degree oven till browned all over.
- Leave to cool completely before trying to scoff. They do not slice well hot!