My poor blog 😱 it’s been so neglected recently. Due to the house build I’ve barely been able to cook. But now we’ve moved back in and my kitchen, oh my kitchen! This recipe was given to me by a friend at work who in turn got it from Olive magazine. It’s quick but delicious. Perfect for a lazy weekend supper or after work tea.
For three greedy portions you need
- 1 pack halloumi sliced into six slices
- 1 pepper sliced into three big ‘cheeks’
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Three brioche burger buns for the essential hipster component
- 3 tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp hot smoked paprika
- Chips of your choosing. We cheated and used frozen oven chips…
- Begin by tossing the red onion with the vinegar, sugar and salt and pepper. Leave to one side to macerate.
- Meanwhile heat a griddle pan until hot and char the pepper slices on it. Allow to blacken slightly and soften.
- Toast the burger buns. Mix the paprika with the mayo and spread generously on the base of a bun.
- Cook the halloumi until browned and crispy.
- Layer up rocket, onions, pepper and halloumi on the burger buns and serve with lashings of chips. Deeeelicious.