I’ve made this recipe countless times on the stove, but today was the first outing for my beloved Instant Pot. Super quick and easy, and it tasted lovely. It’s an Instant Pot adaptation of an original recipe by Ghillie Basan with a few tweaks of my own thrown in for good measure.
For 4-6 portions you need
- 250g new potatoes
- 4-6 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1″ piece ginger, grated
- 500ml stock
- 150g frozen peas
- 400g cooked chickpeas (I used previously cooked frozen chickpeas)
- 2 tsp each ground cumin; coriander; turmeric and chilli flakes
- Cous cous to serve
- Freshly chopped coriander to garnish
- Begin by putting everything apart from the cous cous and fresh coriander into the pot.
- Set on manual for 5 mins. I have mine 20mins NPR as I was busy but it’s fine with only 5-10 mins NPR.
- Add the peas and pop the lid back on to the pot for another 3-4 mins until the peas are hot.
- Serve with cous cous and fresh coriander.