Also known as ‘wtf-is-there-for-lunch’ soup and ‘try-and-make-the-teen-eat-something-healthy-today’ soup…
Basically you can put any vegetables you want in this. Today’s soup is what was left in the fridge and a delicious looking savoy cabbage from the local farm shop. On that note, I got all these veggies for £9!! Love my farm shop!
For four portions you need
- Mixed vegetables of your choice. I used 2 small leeks, 2 sticks celery, 3 small carrots, a small head of broccoli, 1/4 cauliflower, 2 savoy cabbage leaves.
- 1.25 litres veg stock
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 tsp marmite
- freshly ground pepper
- Chop/dice the vegetables into roughly equal sized chunks.
- Add to a pan with the stock and chickpeas. Bring to the boil. Simmer for 3-4 mins until everything is tender but not over cooked.
- Season and add the marmite. Adjust to taste.
- Serve. I had mine with melted violife slices for vegan ‘cheese’ on toast and piri piri chutney. Yum.