The usual way to make peppermint creams is to use a raw egg white. This recipe replaces that with 1 tablespoon of glycerine. They are tricky little buggers to roll out so I recommend using two sheets of baking paper to stop them from sticking. Only roll a small section at a time and cut a few at a time to help with them keeping their shape. Once they have been left to air dry for a few hours you can dip in chocolate for a more luxurious finish if you want. It is Christmas after all and these taste just like After Eights 🙂
For about 30 trees you need
- 200g sifted icing sugar
- 1 tbsp glycerine
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1-2 tbsp water
- A LITTLE green dye. Don’t use as much as I did!!!
- 75g melted dark chocolate (optional)
- Place all the ingredients apart from the water in a bowl. Add enough water to make a firm but pliable dough.
- Roll out between sheets of baking paper and cut into shapes.
- Leave to dry on parchment paper and dip in chocolate if you wish.