My son said this tasted “healthy” 😂 he was right. It tasted like the inside of a 1980s health food shop would smell but in a warming and pleasant way.
For six portions you need
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 leek, washed and cut into 1cm slices
- 2 sticks celery, ditto
- 1 cup green lentils
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock
- 1 tsp each ground coriander and cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Saute the leek and celery in the oil for 5 mins.
- Add the spices and lentils. Stir to coat then add the stock.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 20-30 mins until the lentils are tender.
- Blitz until smooth with a stick blender, season to taste and add the parsley. Enjoy with a side of alfalfa and a sprinkle of nostalgia 😉