Due to the faceache/Instasham outage yesterday, I think this picture was one of the only ones available for a while as it’s got waaaaaaaaaaaay more likes than usual for a pretty rubbish photo 🤣
It was supposed to be puttanesca sauce. But I cut the veggies up too big, couldn’t be bothered to slice the olives and added too much water so it turned into a stew. Oh well. It tasted pretty good nonetheless.
For two portions you need
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- Handful green olives in chilli
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- Handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tsp stock powder
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- salt and pepper
- pasta to serve
- Begin by frying the onion, garlic and chilli in the oil for 2-3 mins.
- Add the pepper, olives and capers and cook for a further 2-3 mins.
- Add everything else apart from the parsley and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 mins until slightly thickened.
- Serve with pasta and a large glass of red (if it’s not a school night!).