I love a good flapjack, especially the extra chewy corner pieces 🙂 This was made in honour of our first Wainwright hike of 2019 (Cat Bells, Maiden Moor and High Spy) and kept us happily fuelled as we slogged up hill and down dale.
For 16-20 slices you need
- 6oz butter/vegan spread
- 6oz sugar
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 10oz porridge oats
- 2 tbsp toasted pumpkin, sesame and sunflower seeds
- Melt the butter/spread, sugar and golden syrup together over a low heat.
- Add the oats and press into a lined swiss roll tin. Sprinkle over the seeds.
- Bake in a 170 degree oven for 15 mins.
- Leave to cool before cutting into slices and hiding/scoffing the corner pieces so no one else can get to them >_<