Fast, nutritious and oh so satisfying! The stew recipe is taken from Katy Beskow’s 15 Minute Vegan and I added griddled sweet potato slices, steamed broccoli, a zingy red cabbage and carrot slaw and brown rice to it to make a complete meal. All in 30 mins on a work night #epicwin
For four portions you need
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 fat cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 fresh green chilli, chopped
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 can drained kidney beans
- 4 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 200ml water
- 2 tsp stock powder
- 150g baby leaf spinach
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 carrot, grated
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 sweet potato cut into eight slices, about 0.5cms thick
- oil for frying
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 broccoli, cut into florets
- 320g brown rice
- mixed toasted seeds for garnish
- Begin by heating a griddle pan with 1 tbsp oil and gently frying the sweet potato slices. This will take about 20 mins, turn them after 5 mins to ensure even cooking. Put the rice on to cook.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan and add the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger. Cook for 2-3 mins and then add the tomatoes, peanut butter, kidney beans, water and stock. Bring to the boil and leave to simmer for 5 mins.
- Make the slaw by combining all of the slaw ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Steam the broccoli.
- Add the spinach and coriander to the stew, cook for a further 2-3 mins until the spinach has wilted. Add the lime juice and check the seasoning.
- Serve by carefully placing everything *just right* into a bowl for the perfect instagrammable photo and sprinkle over some seeds 😉 Scoff.