The introduction of condensed coconut milk is a game changer. This fudge tastes delicious but not of coconut.
For about 24 squares you need
- 397g tin of condensed coconut milk
- 150ml soya milk
- 115g vegan butter
- 450g light soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1-2 tsp salt flakes (to taste)
- Place everything apart from the salt and vanilla in a heavy based pan and heat slowly and gently. Stirring all the time to prevent it from catching you want to bring it to the soft ball stage, about 118 degrees. This will take about 45 mins. Don’t rush it!
- Once it has reached temperature remove the pan from the heat and add 1 tsp salt and the vanilla. Beat the fudge until it’s cooled and thickened.
- Scrape into a lined tin and sprinkle over the remaining salt. Leave to cool then cut into squares.