I’m embracing autumn. Stews, dumplings and potatoes are featuring heavily on our menu at the moment. This hot pot takes 10 mins to throw together and can be left to gently cook in the oven for an hour. Perfect for working from home days. Serve with lashings of cabbage for internal central heating ☺️
For 4-6 portions you need
- 2 onions, thinly sliced.
- 2 sticks celery, thinly sliced.
- 300g Quorn pieces.
- 1 tin butter beans, drained and rinsed.
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs.
- 5 medium potatoes, thinly sliced.
- Salt and pepper.
- 1tbsp vegetable oil.
- Begin by frying the onion, celery and Quorn in the oil for a few mins in a large oven proof pan.
- Add the beans, season generously and then lay half the potatoes in the pan. Cover with the stock and herbs then place the remaining potatoes over to cover, arranging them neatly.
- Cover with a lid and bake in a hot (200 degree) oven for 30 mins. Reduce the heat to 170 degrees and cook for a further 30 mins. Remove the lid and finish off under a hot grill to crisp the top layer of potatoes.
- Serve with veggies and a smile 😁🍴