I needed a quick tea for tonight, and one which made use of the few veggies in the house. Vegetable tagines are quick affairs if you use tinned pulses. This one combines fresh ginger with deeper flavours of cumin and paprika for a flavourful but speedy supper.
For four portions you need:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 1 sweet potato peeled and cut into bite sized chunks
- 2 carrots, likewise peeled and chopped
- 1 leek, cut into 2cms slices
- About 250ml veg stock
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp each of ground cumin, paprika and tumeric
- 1″ piece of ginger, grated
- Fresh coriander, chopped
- Cooked brown rice and quinoa to serve
- Add the oil to a large pan and saute the veggies, covered with a lid, for about 10 mins, stirring often.
- Add the spices and ginger and cook out for 2-3 mins.
- Add everything else apart from the coriander and cook, covered, for 10 mins until the veggies are tender.
- Serve with brown rice/quinoa and garnish with the coriander.