I like soup. We eat a lot of soup. The teen will still eat things as soup he wouldn’t eat as separate components, and this soup is a good example of that. He won’t eat Thai red curry or coconut milk. But he will eat this, go figure…
For 6 portions you need
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1″ piece of ginger, roughly chopped
- 3 tsp red curry paste (make sure it has no fish sauce in it if you’re veggie/vegan)
- 750g peeled and diced sweet potatoes
- If you want to increase the heat, then add a couple of extra thai chillies, roughly chopped
- 750ml veg stock
- 400ml can coconut milk
- Juice of two limes
- Small bunch of fresh coriander
- Begin by frying the onion in the oil for about 5 mins till softened.
- Add the garlic, ginger and curry paste. Stir for 2-3 mins.
- Add the potatoes and cover in the spice paste for 1-2 mins.
- Add the coconut milk, stock, chillies and bring to the boil. Reduce to a gentle simmer and cook for about 10 mins until the potatoes are soft.
- Add the coriander and the blitz the soup using a stick blender until smooth.
- Stir through the lime juice and adjust the seasoning to taste. Serve.