I attempted to make garam flour scramble on Saturday. It wasn’t very nice. So on Sunday I reverted to the old faithful of tofu scramble and order was restored to the universe 😉 You can use whatever vegetables and flavourings you like. This is what we fancied for brunch and very tasty it was too.
For 3-4 portions you need
- 1 pack silken tofu
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 2 tomatoes, cut into rough chunks, cores discarded
- 8 mushrooms cut into quarters
- 1/2 pack baby leaf spinach
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin and ground coriander
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 chopped red chilli
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Baked beans and hash browns to serve
- Begin by frying the onion and mushrooms in the oil for 5-10 mins until the liquid has come out of the mushrooms and started to evaporate.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for a further 2-3 mins to soften them.
- Add everything else and cook the tofu until it looks ‘scrambled’ and the spinach has wilted. Season to taste and serve with beans and hash browns.