I made a golden syrup version of this last week, but I didn’t seal the pudding bowl well enough and it boiled giving the pudding a dense, heavy texture. This was slightly undercooked, due I think to not putting enough water in the pot, but it rose magnificently and I finished it off in the microwave instead of bringing the pot back up to pressure again. Adding fresh raspberries as well as jam gave a lovely tangy topping to the pudding. Delicious!
For 4-6 portions you need
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g self raising flour
- 100g butter/margarine
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp milk/non dairy milk
- handful frozen raspberries
- 3 tbsp raspberry jam
- custard to serve
- Mix everything apart from the jam, raspberries and custard together with a hand whisk until light and fluffy.
- Place the raspberries and jam in the bottom of a pudding basin. Scrape over the batter.
- Cover *tightly* with foil and place on a trivet in the Instant Pot. Add enough water to come half way up the sides of the pudding basin.
- Steam for 25 mins, then manual pressure for 15 mins. Quick release the pressure and serve with custard. If yours is slightly undercooked then 1-2 mins in the microwave will soon sort it out 🙂