Be careful how you shape these, or they run the risk of looking the same coming out as they did going in!!
For 12 rissoles you need
- 450g mixed nuts, chopped
- 225g soft wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 2 tsp marmite
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- Plain flour for dusting, oil for frying
- Begin by frying the onion and celery in the oil. Keep covered to let them sweat and cook without browning. Cook for about 10 mins until soft.
- Add the flour to the mix and cook for 1-2 mins. Then add the stock, soya sauce, marmite and herbs to the pan and heat until it has thickened.
- Mix into the breadcrumbs and nuts. Form into patties and leave to chill for 1-2 hours.
- Toss in a little flour then fry for about 8 mins until golden brown and cooked. We served ours as a sunday roast with veg and gravy but they’re also nice as a nut burger or cold in a salad.