Another winter warmer, this has the warming scent of smoke paprika running through the earthiness of butter beans and tomatoes. Internal central heating! I served it with baked sweet potatoes, mashed swede and potatoes and quinoa cooked with red lentils. It was a winning combination that was so good the teen requested the same meal again three days later!
For six portions you need
- 1 tbsp olive oil.
- 1 onion, chopped.
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed.
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced.
- 1 large jar passata.
- 1 can butter beans, drained and rinsed.
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika.
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning.
- 1 tsp vegan stock powder.
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar.
- salt and pepper.
Quinoa and Lentils
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 1.5 cups stock
- Sautee the onions, garlic and carrots in the oil for 5-10 mins.
- Add everything else and bring to the boil. Cover and cook in the oven (170 degrees) for 45 mins until cooked through.
- Meanwhile cook the lentils and quinoa in the stock – bring to the boil, cover and cook for 17 mins. Turn off the heat and leave to stand until the stew is ready.
- Bake sweet potatoes in the oven for an hour until soft.
- Roast kale to make kale chips.
- Boil swede and potato together and mash once tender.
- Serve, eat, be happy!